You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'Newsletter Subscriptions' tab when logged in to your customer account. If you do not have an account with us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter.
The best mattress for allergies
A hypoallergenic mattress is one that is designed to prevent allergic reactions. The mattress is tightly sealed to prevent dead skin cells and body oils from permeating into the material. This, in turn, prevents dust mites from investing the mattress. Dust mites and other microscopic organisms cause allergic reactions in humans, so it is important that a mattress is made of materials that will not aggravate allergies. Most hospitals and medical care facilities use mattresses that are wrapped in plastic or vinyl to ensure patients stay healthy. A mattress can be wrapped with a mattress wrap, plastic, or another alternative is to purchase a mattress that is made of hypoallergenic materials. Hypoallergenic mattresses are made of materials that do not induce allergic reactions.
People who suffer from allergies should refrain from sleeping on mattresses made of animal products such as hair, wool, or feathers. Animal-based materials can cause flare-ups for allergy sufferers. Most hypoallergenic beds are made with natural materials such as cotton or filled with artificial materials such as polymers which resist against allergy-causing organisms.
Tips for allergy sufferers
- Refrain from buying mattresses made of animal products
- Regularly wash bedding. Lern more about cleaning your mattress
- Invest in a high quality hypoallergenic mattress
- Make sure all bedding and pillows are made of hypoallergenic materials
- Visit a healthcare professional to make sure that your symptoms are not apart of a bigger problem
The Emma Mattress protector
If you suffer from allergies you should try our Emma Mattress protector which is made of super breathable polyester and is perfect at keeping bacteria. crumbs and other nasties away from your mattress.
Why do you need the Emma Mattress Protector?
- Hypoallergenic: The Mattress Protector significantly reduces the number of allergens in your mattress. This makes for healthier and better sleep.
- Waterproof We used 3D knitcell structure technology that allows the Emma Mattress Protector to act like a membrane, keeping your mattress free from moisture and safe against spills.
- Easy Care: The Emma Mattress Protector is very easy to clean! Just pop it in the washing machine at 40° and you're good to go.